By far the finest website design method is simple website design. This is a truth supported by several case studies and focus groups.
When it comes to your company’s website, simplifying your website design can mean the difference between success and failure!
You’ve most likely heard the expression “work smarter, not harder.”
When it comes to designing your company’s website, a simple website design is a wise idea.
It not only takes less time to create a clean, high-quality, organised, streamlined site design, but it can also increase conversions!
The goal of effective website design is to communicate as much as possible with as few elements as feasible.
1. A simple website design increases conversions.
- Study after study has shown that basic website design results in higher conversion rates than complicated websites with excessive decoration.
- Many eCommerce company owners claim significant sales improvements after streamlining their websites.
- It can be tempting to try to drive sales by using all of the bells and whistles, but doing so can have the opposite effect.
- People dislike it when they believe someone is attempting to sell them something.
- In fact, showy page designs are known to deter conversions.
- Meanwhile, sites with minimalist design components make it simple for visitors to make transactions or uncover crucial information without feeling compelled to do so by someone.
- This is not to mean that your website should be devoid of photos, videos, or vibrant colours.
- If you want to increase sales, consider optimising your website by removing any unnecessary features that may distract customers from important conversion points.
- Also, learn how to use white space properly to create a visually beautiful website that is both professional and easy to navigate.
- Simple website design focuses your site’s attention on conversion areas while providing little room for viewers to go away, increasing sales.
2. A straightforward website design is ageless.
- Time passes quickly in the realm of website design.
- Web design trends come and go, making fresh patterns obsolete in an instant.
- Simple website design is one of the few styles that has stayed relevant since the introduction of the Internet.
- Using a simple design means you won’t have to update your site as frequently because it won’t quickly become outdated.
- Because they choose a timeless, minimalist design concept, some business owners can spend years without making modifications to their websites.
- Other business owners, on the other hand, must regularly update their websites to stay up with growing modern design trends.
3. You do not want to annoy your website visitors.
Someone who visited your website did so for a reason.
However, that purpose was most likely not to respect your exceptional graphic design abilities.
They know exactly what they want to find on your website, and you, as the website owner, know what they want to find.
Your goal should be to make it as simple as possible for visitors to find what they’re looking for without having to browse endlessly.
- That is why the menu or navigation bar is one of the most important aspects of a website.
- Brands, on the other hand, continue to include and cram all of their pages into the main menu bar.
- And this can potentially confuse users rather than assist them find the page they’re looking for.
- The amount of tabs in the main navigation bar should be at least six, with only a few options in each.
- By eliminating extraneous distractions from your website, you may provide a more clear, succinct, and streamlined user experience.
- Simplifying your website is the simplest method to improve user experience.
- Don’t make your website visitors think too hard.
- According to the Choice Paradox, the more options you give someone, the less likely they are to make any choice at all.
- If your website visitors are bombarded with dozens of clickable buttons and hyperlinks, eye-catching photos, movies, gifs, and other media.
- They are far less likely to click where you want them to click.