Laminates are the finish layer or designer coating that goes over wood. You’ve probably heard of kitchen laminates or bathroom laminates. It is man-made and is created by pressing thin layers of paper and resin. They are inexpensive and add a natural touch to furniture. You don’t even have to be concerned about the final touches.
Laminates are quite simple to keep clean. One may preserve their laminates in good condition by dusting them and then using a moist cloth, followed by a dry cloth to dry them. However, excessive exposure to sunshine or water might cause harm.
There are numerous varieties of laminates available, depending on one’s preference, surface, cost, and design. High Pressure Laminates are one of the most prevalent and widely used. Let us discuss its manufacturing, perks, and applications.
These laminates are the result of a lengthy process. To begin, raw materials such as impregnated Kraft paper, decorative patterns, overlayers, and synthetic resin are gathered. Then, to produce the laminate, all of these are stacked on top of one other.
The thickness will be determined by the Kraft paper core. Whereas the decorative design is the product’s second topmost layer under one overlayer. Over layers are just flat papers that aid to protect the material from heat, abrasion, or scratches.
- In contrast to solid surfaces, it exhibits resistance to water, scratches, and abrasion. Additionally, they remain unchanged regardless of whether the environment is hot or cold. Although HPL cannot withstand excessive heat exposure, they are still a better option than solid surfaces.
- The laminates must be maintained at a certain minimum level. However, cleaning solid surfaces needs to be done with extra care because it can damage the substance.
- HPL is adaptable and offers numerous design possibilities to meet specialized applications. They will provide you with the ideal look for your home’s aesthetics, regardless of the colour, texture, or pattern you choose.
- As was already noted, no toxic compounds are used in the production of these laminate sheets, eliminating all potential health risks. Additionally, they are resistant to chemicals. This means that even if they are exposed to a chemical for a prolonged period, it will still be safe and harmless to their loved ones.
- Industries- These are well renowned for their industrial use due to their durability and capacity for supporting large loads. It is also resistant to deterioration.
- Hospitals- What could be a better option than HPL given that this sector is all about health and hygiene? They are non-toxic and prevent bacteria or diseases from growing on their surface.
- Schools- These sheets are frequently used as tables or other types of furniture like lockers, and almirahs in workplaces and schools. They are more durable and guarantee a longer life because they are water and abrasion-resistant
- Laboratories- The chemical resistance of HPL benefits laboratories. They give labs a more upscale, attractive, and dust-free environment.
- Houses- HPL is commonly used for kitchen slaps, cupboards, tables, and aesthetic displays. It provides a house with a very different appearance following refurbishment. They are also far superior to wallpapers or paints in terms of giving the entire house a good designer touch.
CenturyLaminates is unquestionably the best place to get High-Pressure sheets. When you visit their website, you will find a variety of catalogues that will assist you in deciding on the ideal pattern for your home. In addition, the material will have a seven-year warranty, fungal and bacterial protection, and a wide range of designs.